UltraVista UltraApp Manager is an applications management and performance monitoring software that helps businesses ensure high availability and performance for their business applications by ensuring servers and applications have high uptime. The UltraApp Manager ensures enterprises that their critical business applications have high uptime. It enables business services management capabilities by addin a business context to monitoring ITS resources and helps the ITS teams to proactively monitor the servers, applications, network services. As a mission-critical software, it ensures that ITS Operations have visibility on how IT resources impact business applications. Thanks to the UltraApp Manager, IT Managers have in-deapth visibility of the field and can ensure adequate resources are provisioned for IT Services that impact the business and ensure IT meets the goals of the business.
The application performance management capability includes server monitoring, application server monitoring, database monitoring, web services monitoring, virtualization monitoring, cloud monitoring and an array of other application management capability that will help IT administrators manage their resources effectively.
The Applications Manager helps you with a holistic view to your IT resources. It helps monitor the performance of various components of an application and helps troubleshooting production issues quickly. This helps reducing finger pointing and improves quality of service to end users.
The UltraApp Manager supports some of the best-in-class business management and monitoring features:
- Automatically discovers the application servers, databases, services, systems, transactions, custom applications, virtual resources and cloud apps in your heterogeneous data center.
- Manage a widdentify application faults and resolve those before the end user knows about it. Get notified of problems through e-mail and SMS alerts. Automate resolution of problems by executing corrective programs/scripts, sending SNMP traps. Trigger actions such as automatic start/stop/restart of Windows services, VMs and Amazon EC2 instances based on threshold violations.
- Mangee range of business applications and network services. Get the flexibility to group the application and its related services to be monitored as a single unit.
- Identify application faults and resolve those before the end user knows about it. Get notified of problems through e-mail and SMS alerts. Automate resolution of problems by executing corrective programs/scripts, sending SNMP traps. Trigger actions such as automatic start/stop/restart of Windows services, VMs and Amazon EC2 instances based on threshold violations.
- Identify performance bottlenecks easily and reduce the time spent on analyzing problems. The root cause analysis view is displayed as a hierarchical structure and is accessible from all pages of the web client.
- Monitor over key performance indicators (KPI) of wide range of applications - including response time, resource availability, CPU/memory utilization and more.
- Reporting module empowers line of business managers. Extensive coverage helps administrators in application troubleshooting & capacity planning.
Web Application Performance Monitoring
UltraApp Manager web monitoring provides an array of customizable cloud-based tools designed to meet your needs. Key features of our software- and hardware-free service include:
- Continuously monitor end-user experience for each step of a Web transaction
- Monitor any Web application whether internal (behind the firewall), external (customer-facing), or cloud-based
- Quickly find the root cause for each Web page performance issue: DNS look-up, connection time, send time, time to first byte, or content download time
- Visualize availability & duration alerts by transaction step, Web page & location
- Multiple protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, DNS, SSH, PING, MySQL, TCP, UDP, SIP
- Alerting - Email, instant messaging (IM), text/SMS, Twitter, phone, mobile push notifications
- Content checks - Specify string to be checked for existence/non-existence on web page
External Network Management and Monitoring
UltraApp Manager external network monitoring protects and tunes site network performance. It provides agent-based and agentless monitoring for a wide range of network devices, including switches, phone systems, and Windows and Linux servers, with monitoring capabilities for:
- Network bandwidth and utilization monitoring
- SNMP device monitoring
- TCP & UDP protocols: SMTP, HTTP, IMAP, UDP, SIP, etc
- WAN links
- Wide range of devices, servers, networking equipment.
UltraApp Manager server monitoring protects the epicenter of the ITS with cloud-based agent and agentless monitoring of Windows and Linux servers for organizations with distributed data centers protected by multiple firewalls, including monitoring capabilities for:
- Central processing units (CPUs), Memory
- Storage and disk
- Network bandwidth
- SNMP devices
- Network Protocolss: (TCP, UDP, SIP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, etc)
- WAN links
UltraApp database monitoring provides system administrators with three key benefits: insight, control and simplicity, with monitoring variables and aggregated metrics, and adjustable thresholds to help separate real issues from false alarms.
Amazon EC2/AWS, Rackspace Monitoring
Cloud services like Amazon EC2 and Rackspace are elastic, leaving you with less control over your data. They start and stop frequently due to load or failures. Monitoring them accurately with traditional tools can be a nightmare. UltraApp Manager cloud monitoring services make monitoring those popular cloud services simple. The monitoring tool adjusts automatically as the EC2 configurations change.
Benefits of our Amazon EC2/AWS and Rackspace monitoring:
- Track virtual server instances
- Trigger event and notifications in case of server failures.
- Oversee web servers, databases, mail servers, TCP ports and SSH access all based on user- rules for existing and automatically-launched new server instances.
- Add monitors and notifications automatically for newly launched servers based on user-defined rules.
- Automatically deploy the Monitis agent on new servers to monitor their performance and resource utilization.
- Eliminate time-consuming setups required with other uptime and end-user monitoring services.